helpverbuk us /help/
help verb (MAKE EASIER)
- The college now has a counsellor to help students with both personal and work problems.
- We've got to enlist some people to help prepare the food.
- Could I have a glass of water to help these pills go down ?
- It's kind of you to offer to help.
- She derived great satisfaction from helping other people.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
help verb (STOP YOURSELF)
- all roads lead to Rome idiom
- be (only) a matter of time idiom
- be damned if you do and damned if you don't idiom
- be nothing for it idiom
- be part and parcel of sth idiom
- it can't be helped idiom
help verb (GIVE/TAKE)
- Feel free to help yourself to coffee.
- "May I help myself to some more food?" "Yes, of course."
- I wish my lodger would ask before helping himself to my food.
- My daughter just helps herself to anything she fancies from my wardrobe - usually my only good clothes!
- I'm not sure whether we should be helping ourselves to these snacks - perhaps they're meant for later.
helpnounuk us /help/