He made several helpful suggestions.
- Students said it was helpful if the teacher corrected their pronunciation.
- Any increase in production would be helpful.
- You get the odd person who's rude to you but they're generally quite helpful.
- You should find this guidebook helpful.
- She made some very helpful suggestions but her boss rejected them all.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
adverb uk /ˈhelp.fəl.i/ us /ˈhelp.fəl.i/
noun [ U ] uk /ˈhelp.fəl.nəs/ us /ˈhelp.fəl.nəs/