highlightverb [T]uk /ˈhaɪ.laɪt/ us /ˈhaɪ.laɪt/
- The Republicans were quick to highlight the Democrats' proposed tax increases in their campaign literature.
- He took a gun through baggage control to highlight the lax security.
- The moon highlighted the shadowy forms of the hills.
- The accident highlights the need for new safety measures.
- The documentary highlighted systematic failings within the department.
highlightnounuk /ˈhaɪ.laɪt/ us /ˈhaɪ.laɪt/
highlight noun (BEST PART)
highlight noun (HAIR)