highwaynoun [ C ]uk /ˈhaɪ.weɪ/ us /ˈhaɪ.weɪ/ US or formal UK
- The photograph showed a lonely stretch of Arizona highway.
- The senator called the new highways proposal "...a fraud and a boondoggle that the taxpayer should not tolerate".
- Most of the old road - which stretched from Chicago to Los Angeles - has been superseded by the great Interstate highways.
- The coach took the interstate highway.
- The highway connects New York and Philadelphia.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: