Hindunoun [ C ]uk /ˈhɪn.duː/ us /ˈhɪn.duː/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Another Hindu celebration is Diwali, the festival of lights.
- But it also has a Hindu calendar.
- He was inspired by a well-known Hindu creation myth (a story about the creation of the universe).
- Many Hindus travel a long way to see the Ganges or to wash in its waters.
- The Ganges is very important to Hindus, members of the main religion of India.
- The Holi festival dates back many centuries, and it is enjoyed by Hindus all over the world.
- This begins his morning puja. Many Hindus begin their day with a morning puja.