historynounuk /ˈhɪs.tər.i/ us /ˈhɪs.t̬ɚ.i/
history noun (PAST EVENTS)
- Our guide told us a lot about the history of the castle.
- He is the author of two books on French history.
- Throughout history, people have been intrigued by the question of whether there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
- The fall of the Berlin Wall marked the dawn of a new era in European history.
- He knows a lot about the history of this area, so he is often asked to speak at local clubs and societies.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
history noun (PARTICULAR RECORD)