B2 in a way that is honest:
- I can honestly say that I have no interest whatsoever in the royal family.
- He answered openly and honestly without any hesitation.
- "You played brilliantly in the concert." "Oh thanks, do you honestly think so?"
- Quite honestly, the thought of standing up and performing live terrified me.
- I don't mind criticism as long as it's honestly given and doesn't get personal.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- (as) man to man idiom
- above board
- be on the level idiom
- bona fide
- in all honesty/seriousness/truthfulness idiom
- in good faith idiom
- joking apart/aside idiom
- let's face it idiom 1
- straight arrow idiom
- straight up idiom