hostnounuk /həʊst/ us /hoʊst/
host noun (PERSON WITH GUESTS)
host noun (ON TELEVISION)
host noun (FOR AN EVENT)
- In 1992, Britain played host to the first multi-racial South African team to visit these shores.
- Paris will be the host of the next Olympics.
- The host city was congratulated for their staging of the event.
- The host nation qualifies automatically for the event.
- The city plays host to the party conference in September.
host noun (ANIMAL/PLANT)
host noun (A LOT)
host noun (CHURCH)
hostverb [T]uk /həʊst/ us /hoʊst/
host verb [T] (EVENT)
host verb [T] (TELEVISION SHOW)