There are 24 hours in a day.
How many hours' sleep do you need?
I'll be back in an hour's/two hours' time (= after one/two hours).
Our opening hours are from 8.00 to 6.00.
work long, regular, unsocial, etc. hours
at all hours (of the day and night) C1 disapproving
- She walks the dog for an hour every afternoon.
- The trip from York to Newcastle takes about an hour by train.
- We had to queue for three hours to get in.
- All the new toys kept the kids occupied for hours.
- As a teacher you could expect to be paid anywhere between £7 and £15 per hour.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words