housewifenoun [ C ]uk /ˈhaʊs.waɪf/ us /ˈhaʊs.waɪf/ plural housewives
- She's not the type of person to stay at home and be a housewife.
- A group of housewives stood chatting outside the butcher's shop.
- All of these modern appliances undoubtedly make life easier for today's housewife.
- After her degree and an impressive early career, she felt angry that he described her as a housewife.
- Molly had only ever dreamed of being a mother and a housewife, and she took great pride in that role.
adjective uk /ˈhaʊs.waɪf.li/ us /ˈhaʊs.waɪf.li/