The inspector declared the meat fit for human consumption (= in good enough condition for people to eat).
- The Red Cross's primary concern is to preserve and protect human life.
- The reason for the disaster was engine failure, not human error.
- The war will cause widespread human suffering.
- Building at the site was halted after human remains were discovered earlier this month.
- The human ear cannot hear very high-frequency sounds.
humannoun [ C ]uk /ˈhjuː.mən/ us /ˈhjuː.mən/ also human being
B1 a man, woman, or child: