hurricanenoun [ C ]uk /ˈhʌr.ɪ.kən/ /ˈhʌr.ɪ.keɪn/ us /ˈhɝː.ɪ.keɪn/ /ˈhɝː.ɪ.kən/
- The roof of their house caved in during a hurricane.
- The hurricane is predicted to reach the coast tomorrow morning.
- Violent squalls signalled the approach of the hurricane.
- People living in the track of the hurricane have been advised to leave their homes until it has passed.
- Much of the region's verdant countryside has been destroyed in the hurricane.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: