hurry (sb/sth) up
— phrasal verb with hurry uk /ˈhʌr.i/ us /ˈhɝː.i/ verb [ I or T ]
hurry up and do sth
- You'll be late for your flight if you don't hurry up.
- "Come on, hurry up!" "I'll only be a minute - I've got to lock the back door."
- I've been sent upstairs to hurry you lot up. Aren't you dressed yet?
- We hurried the children up as much as we could, but some of them were just too tired to walk any faster.
- This job has to be finished today, people, so hurry it up!
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words