hurtverb [I or T]uk /hɜːt/ us /hɝːt/ (hurt, hurt)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
hurtadjective [after verb]uk /hɜːt/ us /hɝːt/
- I heard about the accident. Is anyone hurt?
- He fell off the stage but he's all right - it was only his pride that got hurt!
- Reports say that ten children and two teachers are hurt, but none seriously.
- She is suffering from hurt feelings after a fierce encounter with the boss this morning.
- The creature was hurt and distressed and had to be handled with caution.
hurtnoun [S or U]uk /hɜːt/ us /hɝːt/