hygienicadjectiveuk /haɪˈdʒiː.nɪk/ us /-ˈdʒen-/
- From what I've heard, the school toilets are not exactly as hygienic as they should be.
- Food must be prepared and stored in hygienic conditions.
- You can't eat food that's been on the floor - you know it's not hygienic.
- It is essential that doctors follow strict hygienic practices like washing their hands after examining every patient.
- I suppose warm-air hand-driers are more hygienic than hand-towels, and paper towels create a lot of litter.