- It's rather hypocritical of you, telling me not to shout. I've seen you lose your temper with the children many times!
- The minister gave a hypocritical speech about the importance of family values, when we all know about his sordid affairs.
- For him to say she mustn't work so hard is a bit hypocritical, don't you think? He's a workaholic himself.
- I suppose it sounds hypocritical, but I think you should keep out of other people's business.
- Surely it is hypocritical to condemn one dictator and to support another?
adverb uk /ˌhɪp.əˈkrɪt.ɪ.kəl.i/ us /ˌhɪp.əˈkrɪt̬.ɪ.kəl.i/