identificationnoun [ U ]uk /aɪˌden.tɪ.fɪˈkeɪ.ʃən/ us /aɪˌden.t̬ə.fəˈkeɪ.ʃən/
- The security guards gave me the once-over, but they didn't ask me for any identification.
- Wellington Barracks is a restricted area and anyone who enters should have identification.
- Please see to it that no-one comes in without identification.
- Identity cards for football supporters could be the thin end of the wedge - soon everyone might have to carry identification.
- Please may I see some identification?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words