identifyverb [ T ]uk /aɪˈden.tɪ.faɪ/ us /aɪˈden.t̬ə.faɪ/
- A robin is easy to identify because of its red breast.
- After she had identified the body of her husband, the police asked her to collect his personal effects.
- Aircraft are required by law to carry special electronic devices, called transponders, so that they can be identified.
- The press has identified several people they think are likely to be appointed to government posts in the autumn.
- How many different trees can you identify?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words