illustrateverb [ T ]uk /ˈɪl.ə.streɪt/ us /ˈɪl.ə.streɪt/
illustrate verb [ T ] (DRAW PICTURES)
illustrate verb [ T ] (EXPLAIN)
- It is sometimes easier to illustrate an abstract concept by analogy with something concrete.
- The incident graphically illustrates just how dangerous the situation in the war zone has become.
- She illustrated her point by carrying out a simple experiment.
- The incident illustrates the need for tighter security.
- I need a volunteer to help me illustrate this next concept.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words