immediateadjectiveuk /ɪˈmiː.di.ət/ us /ɪˈmiː.di.ət/
- She felt an immediate physical attraction to him.
- Please excuse me from the rest of the meeting - I've just received a phone call that requires my immediate attention.
- We demand the immediate and unconditional release of all political prisoners.
- The president called for an immediate ceasefire and a resumption of negotiations between the two sides.
- The customer has only to bring the goods in to any branch and an immediate, no-questions-asked refund or replacement will be provided.