imminentadjectiveuk /ˈɪm.ɪ.nənt/ us /ˈɪm.ə.nənt/
- For a man in imminent danger of losing his job, he appeared quite unruffled.
- Her remarks were intended to scotch rumours of an imminent election date.
- He announced the imminent arrival of a messianic leader.
- He gave a dire warning that an earthquake was imminent.
- He warned that an enemy missile attack was imminent.
- (just) around the corner idiom
- at hand idiom
- be on the point of (doing) sth idiom
- be ready to roll idiom
- come up
- in the air idiom
- in the pipeline idiom
- make to do sth idiom
- teeter on the brink/edge of sth idiom
- wait in the wings idiom