- I've lost a file containing a lot of important documents.
- It's important for children to get a good education.
- He always leaves important decisions to his wife.
- I have to be in London on Friday for an important meeting.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables form an important part of a healthy diet.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adverb uk /ɪmˈpɔː.tənt.li/ us /ɪmˈpɔːr.tənt.li/
- The new computer facilities will be a huge benefit to the school and also, importantly, to the whole village community.
- I go to my exercise class for the fun and social side of it and, most importantly I suppose, for my health.
- You must wear your seat belt because it's the law, but most importantly because it could save your life.
- Dave is still very shy. Importantly, though, he can stand up for himself when he needs to.
- He's a sensible and reliable team player but, more importantly, he usually seems to score vital match-winning goals.