importantadjectiveuk /ɪmˈpɔː.tənt/ us /ɪmˈpɔːr.tənt/
- The new computer facilities will be a huge benefit to the school and also, importantly, to the whole village community.
- I go to my exercise class for the fun and social side of it and, most importantly I suppose, for my health.
- You must wear your seat belt because it's the law, but most importantly because it could save your life.
- Dave is still very shy. Importantly, though, he can stand up for himself when he needs to.
- He's a sensible and reliable team player but, more importantly, he usually seems to score vital match-winning goals.