index noun (LIST)
index noun (COMPARISON)
the FTSE 100 Index
the Dow Jones Index
- Good economic indicators caused the share index to gain (by) ten points.
- The index only includes companies that are based in the UK.
- The index measures the rise and fall of stock prices on the Hong Kong stock market.
- Traders can use stock index futures to limit the risk associated with changes in prices.
- The heat index is a measure of how hot the air feels.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: