infantnounuk /ˈɪn.fənt/ us /ˈɪn.fənt/
infant noun (YOUNG CHILD)
- She has five children, the youngest of whom is still an infant.
- He was very unwell as an infant, and was not expected to live into adulthood.
- Separated from his mother when he was just an infant, the boy grew up in a children's home.
- She isn't able to look after herself at all - she's as helpless as an infant.
- I'll give you this booklet to read, which gives advice about feeding infants of under four months.
infant noun (SCHOOL)