inflationnoun [ U ]uk /ɪnˈfleɪ.ʃən/ us /ɪnˈfleɪ.ʃən/
the rate of inflation
13 percent inflation
- The control of inflation is a key component of the government's economic policy.
- There has been an alarming rise in the rate of inflation.
- Unemployment, inflation and greater inequality are often the downside of a market economy.
- Managing the economy is a complex equation of controlling inflation and reducing unemployment.
- The government's overriding concern is to reduce inflation.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words