informverb [ T ]uk /ɪnˈfɔːm/ us /ɪnˈfɔːrm/
Why wasn't I informed about this earlier?
- We'll inform you when a decision has been reached.
- It is with great sorrow that I inform you of the death of our director.
- We received your communication of 11 March and are sorry to inform you that we won't be attending the conference.
- We cannot release the names of the soldiers who were killed until we have informed their next of kin.
- Companies publish annual reports to inform the public about the previous year's activities.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words