inspectionnoun [C or U]uk /ɪnˈspek.ʃən/ us /ɪnˈspek.ʃən/
- The customs officials made us go through the whole rigmarole of opening up our bags for inspection.
- A close inspection revealed minute cracks in the aircraft's fuselage and wings.
- A pitch inspection will determine whether or not the match will be played.
- There will be a full investigation into the cause of the crash.
- A routine inspection revealed several faults with the engine.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: