inspectornoun [ C ]uk /ɪnˈspek.tər/ us /ɪnˈspek.tɚ/
a tax inspector
- The inspector declared the meat fit for human consumption.
- The inspector said that standards at the school had to be raised.
- We're awaiting a visitation from the inspector.
- The inspector criticized the slackness and incompetence of the staff.
- It is the job of the inspectors to enforce compliance with the regulations.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: