institutionnounuk /ˌɪn.stɪˈtjuː.ʃən/ us /-ˈtuː-/
institution noun (ORGANIZATION)
- We're searching for a couple of runaways from the young offenders' institution.
- They heard sob-stuff from one man about his deprived childhood in an institution.
- St Andrews and Cambridge universities are internationally respected institutions.
- He had been in and out of penal institutions from the age of 16.
- The university's exchange scheme has cemented its links with many other academic institutions.
institution noun (PLACE)
institution noun (CUSTOM)
institution noun (START)