- The course compresses two year's training into six intensive months.
- The soil has been so heavily leached through intensive farming that it is no longer fertile.
- The allies let loose an intensive artillery bombardment over the border.
- As agriculture became more capital intensive, many farm labourers moved to the towns and cities to look for work.
- In some areas, modern intensive farming is giving way to the re-introduction of traditional methods.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adverb uk /ɪnˈten.sɪv.li/ us /ɪnˈten.sɪv.li/