intentionnoun [ C or U ]uk /ɪnˈten.ʃən/ us /ɪnˈten.ʃən/
He's full of good intentions, but he never does anything about them!
- We welcome the government's affirmation of its intention to act.
- It has always been my declared intention to sail round the world.
- We have no intention of launching a pre-emptive strike, but we will retaliate if provoked.
- The UN announced its intentions to toughen sanctions still further.
- He thought the time was right to let his intentions be known.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: