interpretationnoun [C or U]uk /ɪnˌtɜː.prəˈteɪ.ʃən/ us /ɪnˌtɝː.prəˈteɪ.ʃən/
interpretation noun [C or U] (EXPLANATION)
- He would be found guilty under a strict interpretation of the law.
- We were disappointed that they insisted on such a rigid interpretation of the rules.
- The law permits of no other interpretation.
- It was regarded as a very narrow interpretation of the law.
- The evidence allows of only one interpretation - he was murdered by his wife.
interpretation noun [C or U] (WAY OF PERFORMING)