interviewnoun [ C ]uk /ˈɪn.tə.vjuː/ us /ˈɪn.t̬ɚ.vjuː/
a job interview
an exclusive interview with Johnny Depp
- It was obvious that she had done her homework and thoroughly prepared for her interview.
- It creates a very bad impression if you're late for an interview.
- The interview will be broadcast during prime time.
- Apparently in interviews he refuses to talk about his private life.
- She wore a very smart trouser suit to her job interview.
I interviewed for several jobs but I didn't get any of them.
- I think it unnerved me to be interviewed by so many people.
- Without a doubt, she's the strongest candidate we've interviewed for the post.
- Detectives interviewed the men separately over several days.
- We'll be interviewing four more prospects for the posts this afternoon.
- He quickly mastered the art of interviewing people.