introduceverb [T]uk /ˌɪn.trəˈdjuːs/ us /-ˈduːs/
introduce verb [T] (PUT INTO USE)
- The Russian leader wants to introduce further changes.
- We need to introduce more stringent security measures such as identity cards.
- New measures have been introduced to try and ease traffic congestion in the city.
- The government introduced a law prohibiting tobacco advertisements on TV.
- They've introduced a fast-track system for brighter pupils which will allow thousands to take their GCSE exams two years early.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
introduce verb [T] (GIVE SB'S NAME)
introduce verb [T] (BEGIN)