inventionnoun [C or U]uk /ɪnˈven.ʃən/ us /ɪnˈven.ʃən/
invention noun [C or U] (NEW DESIGN)
- The invention of the contraceptive pill brought about profound changes in the lives of women.
- If you don't patent your invention, other people may make all the profit out of it.
- The invention of the silicon chip was a landmark in the history of the computer.
- This invention made a major contribution to road safety.
- The 20th century was remarkable for its inventions.
invention noun [C or U] (NOT TRUE)