› [ before noun ] specialized finance & economics used to refer to money that is added to a country's economy by activities such as the service and financial industries rather than the production of goods in factories:
- As the boat picked up speed, the coastline receded into the distance until finally it became invisible.
- The police found traces of blood on his jacket that were invisible to the naked eye.
- The sensor is able to detect invisible forms of radiation.
- The infrared rays are invisible except when viewed through a special filter.
- The fishing lines are almost invisible to the fish.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: