iron noun (METAL)
an iron deficiency
iron noun (FOR CLOTHES)
a steam iron
a travel iron
- I'll have to go back to the house - I think I've left the iron on.
- I'm not particularly what you would call a New Man, but I do know how to use an iron.
- The iron was too hot and he scorched the shirt.
- The hot iron left a singe mark on my dress.
- I picked up a new steam iron at the sale - it makes the ironing so much quicker and easier.
iron noun (GOLF)
iron noun (CHAINS)
ironverb [ I or T ]uk /aɪən/ us /aɪrn/
ironadjective [ before noun ]uk /aɪən/ us /aɪrn/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: