ironnounuk /aɪən/ us /aɪrn/
iron noun (METAL)
iron noun (FOR CLOTHES)
- I'll have to go back to the house - I think I've left the iron on.
- I'm not particularly what you would call a New Man, but I do know how to use an iron.
- The iron was too hot and he scorched the shirt.
- The hot iron left a singe mark on my dress.
- I picked up a new steam iron at the sale - it makes the ironing so much quicker and easier.
iron noun (GOLF)
iron noun (CHAINS)
ironverb [I or T]uk /aɪən/ us /aɪrn/
ironadjective [before noun]uk /aɪən/ us /aɪrn/
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: