irregularadjectiveuk /ɪˈreɡ.jə.lər/ us /-lɚ/
irregular adjective (RULE)
- That is the pattern for most verbs, but some verbs are irregular and behave differently.
- A visitor can't wander around the building unaccompanied - that would be most irregular.
- The company was sold off in a rather irregular way, as I remember.
- The enquiry showed that various financial transactions had been carried out in a very irregular manner.
- If there was something irregular about how the system was shut down, you will get this message on screen.
irregular adjective (SHAPE)
irregular adjective (TIME/SPACE)
irregular adjective (SOLDIER)