Islamnoun [ U ]uk /ˈɪz.lɑːm/ /ˈɪz.læm/ us /ˈɪz.lɑːm/ /ˈɪz.læm/
- Followers of Islam are known as Muslims, or Moslems.
- In Islam there are five essential religious duties, called the Pillars of Islams.
- The religious studies course covers Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Judaism.
- The name for God in Islam is Allah, proclaimed by Mohammed as the sole God, the creator and sustainer of all things.
- Most of the students at our school practise Islam as this is a largely Muslim community.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words