issuenoun [C]uk /ˈɪʃ.uː/ /ˈɪs.juː/ us /ˈɪʃ.uː/ /ˈɪs.juː/
issue noun [C] (SUBJECT)
- The party is divided over the issue of capital punishment.
- Animal experimentation is a highly emotive issue.
- We met on several occasions to discuss the issue.
- They launched a vehement attack on the government's handling of environmental issues.
- Staffing is still a relatively unimportant issue compared to the other problems that we're encountering.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
issue noun [C] (PRODUCT)
issueverb [T]uk /ˈɪʃ.uː/ /ˈɪs.juː/ us /ˈɪʃ.uː/ /ˈɪs.juː/
- Police have issued an Identikit of the man they want to question.
- The Palace has issued a statement criticizing the newspaper report.
- He started issuing peremptory instructions.
- He will be issuing directions to judges on sentencing in the next few days.
- The company has been forced to issue a statement about yesterday's accident.