itchverb [I]uk us /ɪtʃ/
- What's that big red lump on your arm? Does it itch?
- Try not to scratch those spots, no matter how much they itch, or you'll make them bleed.
- There's a mosquito bite on my ankle that is itching like crazy!
- She won't wear that beautiful woollen jumper; she complains that it itches.
- Why are you wrinkling your nose like that? Is it itching?
itchnoun [C]uk us /ɪtʃ/
- Could you scratch my back for me? I've got an infuriating itch right in the middle there.
- He's got sensitive skin and anything except pure cotton gives him an awful itch.
- The itch from that rash is driving her mad - I think I'll give her an antihistamine tablet.
- My grandmother was very strict and if you had an itch in church you were forbidden from scratching it.
- Poor dog - I wonder what's causing that itch. Have you got a sore patch, or is it a flea?