jellyfishnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʒel.i.fɪʃ/ us /ˈdʒel.i.fɪʃ/ plural jellyfish
- In fact, sharks are less dangerous than jellyfish!
- In the whole of the United States, there are about 16 shark attacks every year, but in Florida alone, jellyfish sting about 200,000 people a year!
- Jellyfish stings are very painful and can sometimes even kill people.
- The jellyfish wants a bigger fish to see the light and attack the smaller fish.
- The strange creature was a type of jellyfish called Deepstaria enigmatica.
- These are jellyfish stings on someone's leg.
- When this happens, the jellyfish swims away.