joynounuk /dʒɔɪ/ us /dʒɔɪ/
joy noun (HAPPINESS)
- He cried for joy when he heard that his son had been found alive and well.
- His poems reveal the duality of his nature, the joy and hope, the fear and despair.
- Nearly every new parent feels an amalgam of joy and terror.
- He was flooded with joy when his first child was born.
- Her joy was palpable.
joy noun (SUCCESS)
- a feather in your cap idiom
- a narrow squeak idiom
- a roaring success idiom
- every dog has its day idiom
- have sth under your belt idiom
- quantum leap
- success story
- the dizzy heights of sth idiom