killverbuk us /kɪl/
kill verb (DEATH)
- The bomb killed four soldiers and three civilians.
- The driver of the van was killed in the accident.
- If you fell off the roof, you'd kill yourself.
- The humane way of dealing with a suffering animal is to kill it quickly.
- It is hoped that the kidnappers will not carry out their threat to kill the hostages.
kill verb (FINISH)
- be sacrificed on the altar of sth idiom
- blast/blow sb/sth to kingdom come idiom
- fall in
- kill sth off
- kill the goose that lays the golden egg idiom
- knock sth down
- stave sth in
- take sb/sth out
- tear 1
- tear sth apart
- tear sth down
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
kill verb (EFFORT)
kill verb (HURT)
kill verb (ANGER)
kill verb (ENTERTAIN)