kingnoun [C]uk /kɪŋ/ us /kɪŋ/
king noun [C] (MALE RULER)
- Prince Juan Carlos of Spain became king in 1975.
- The coronation of a new king is, of course, a historic occasion.
- Most modern kings and queens rule only in a formal way, without real power.
- The Spanish Armada was sent by the king of Spain to invade England in 1588.
- He bowed down before the king and begged for mercy.
king noun [C] (MOST IMPORTANT)
king noun [C] (GAMES)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
kingadjective [before noun]uk /kɪŋ/ us /kɪŋ/