kneenoun [ C ]uk /niː/ us /niː/
He got/went down on his knees (= got into a position where his knees were on the ground) in front of the altar.
- He fell down and grazed his knee.
- He bounced the baby on his knee.
- Make sure you bend your knees when you're picking up heavy objects.
- She sat back in her chair and wrapped her arms around her knees.
- Football socks go up to the knee, don't they?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: