knotnoun [ C ]uk /nɒt/ us /nɑːt/
knot noun [ C ] (FASTENING)
to tie a knot
- She tied the ribbon tightly in a knot.
- I can't untie the knot - it's too tight.
- After several attempts to untie the knot, I admitted defeat and cut through it with a knife.
- Can you tie a knot in this piece of string?
- The rope was full of knots.
knot noun [ C ] (MASS)
knot noun [ C ] (GROUP)
knot noun [ C ] (WOOD)
knot noun [ C ] (MEASUREMENT)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
knot verb (FASTEN)
knot verb (FORM MASS)
adjective uk /ˈnɒt.ɪd/ us /ˈnɑː.t̬ɪd/
a knotted rope