She started to photograph the documents, safe in the knowledge that (= knowing that) she wouldn't be disturbed for at least an hour.
- Her knowledge of computers is quite awe-inspiring.
- She has an intimate knowledge of Tuscany, where she has lived for 20 years.
- He tried to impress me with his extensive knowledge of wine.
- I only have a limited knowledge of Spanish.
- He went to visit her without my knowledge.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- as every schoolboy/schoolchild knows idiom
- at/in the back of your mind idiom
- be ahead of the game idiom
- general knowledge
- have a nodding acquaintance with sb/sth idiom